Adoption applications for cats must be filled out at our adoption satellite centers – Bosley’s in Royal Oak, Pets West in Broadmead, and PetSmart in Langford!
Adoption applications for dogs must be filled out and submitted online. See the form below.
As you fill out your online application there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The adoption process is handled by specialized volunteers.
- The volunteers are very busy and doing their best to handle all applications.
- There are many applications for each pet, sometimes hundreds of applications in fact.
- Applicants are reviewed in the order they are received and if a perfect match comes up early, that person will be contacted and interviewed.
- If you apply for a pet and are not contacted, that usually means the dog was placed with an earlier applicant.
- It is really important to note that applications are filed by the name of the dog or the name of the litter so please be sure to indicate which dog you are interested in at the beginning of your application.
- If you are applying in advance without a particular dog in mind, note in the animal name portion, whether you want a dog or a puppy. Then watch the posts and send the name of the dog or litter you want to apply for when they come up on Facebook or our website. This is IMPORTANT – you must send the name.
- Know that we are not able to contact all applicants but we do appreciate your care and concern and hope that you will continue to watch our site and we will do our best to find you a match.
And above all, you will receive an email when you apply, please read it thoroughly!
Please remember, application approval can take time as we are a volunteer-based organization. We thank you for your patience!